Currently, we are looking for talented resources for one of our listed clients. If interested please reply to me with your updated resume or feel free to reach out to me for more details at (949) 966-2121.
Title: Business Data Analyst
Location: St. Louis, MO
Duration: 12 months
- The Business Data Analyst is responsible for routine interaction with teams to ensure that capital projects meet timeframes and maintain budgets through regular reporting, forecasting, and auditing.
- This role is involved in the creation of technical tools to assist the project management team in successfully executing multimillion-dollar projects across the Client portfolio.
- The successful candidate will work using kanban/agile methods to understand team needs, manage data flow, perform analysis, review adherence to procedures, and develop adequate tools to meet the needs of both the project team and management.
- Defines functional requirements, performs analysis, and assists in the design, testing, and implementation of newly defined and modifications to existing reports and workflows.
- Facilitates requirements gathering with key business stakeholders by using excellent inquiry and communication skills.
- Communicates innovation and process improvement practices using easily understandable technical language.
- Monitors active projects for adherence to project management processes and methodologies.
- Utilizes enterprise systems and tools to analyze operational performance and prepare ad hoc analyses and data visualizations in Power BI, Excel, and other tools to drive better decision-making for the business.
- Provides guidance & insights to the business on all available reporting options and their respective benefits to ensure the best end-to-end solution is developed for the business.
- Develop and maintain project tools.
- Analyze and recommend data statistical and evaluation tools.
- Train users on reports and dashboards and build documentation where needed.
- Lead and manage proof of concepts, pilots, special projects, and ad-hoc requests.
- Constantly iterates on current reporting to support stronger analytics and visualizations.
- Provide project control oversight including risk and change management, cost assurance, scope management, and stakeholder management.
- Assist in the preparation of documentation and specifications for new project submittals.
- Develop tracking dashboards for project deliverables for portfolio management initiatives.
Basic Qualifications (Minimum):
- Bachelor of Science Degree in engineering, information technology, business, or related field preferred or equivalent combination of experience and education.
This role is an entry-level professional role and could be filled by a new graduate or someone early in their career.
- Experience performing analytics and problem-solving in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with performance metrics development and root cause analysis
- Experience conducting data collection, reporting, and analysis
- Experience in data automation and visualization tools
- Self-directed, takes initiative
- Strong Excel, data transformation & manipulation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organization, time management, and prioritization
- Familiarity with Power BI, Power Automate & Power Apps (Preferred)
- Familiarity with statistical modeling, forecasting, and sensitivity analysis (Preferred)
- Experience with project management software & implementation (Smartsheet - Preferred; Tableau helpful).
At our organization, we take our mission and values to heart! We are on a mission to offer more and better jobs all over the world! Our goal is to care for you while you care for our clients and get you paid the highest pay possible. All our associates working with us are expected to embrace our RACE values: R - Results Matter, A- Approachable, C - Care, and E - Emergency i.e. work with a sense of urgency.
For more relevant job opportunities please visit our website: Denken Solutions Careers