Currently, we are looking for talented resources for one of our listed clients. If interested please reply to me with your updated resume or feel free to reach out to me for more details at (949) 565-0301.
Title: Java Technical Engineer
Onsite worksite: 700 EDWIN L. WARD, SR. MEMORI, RUTHERFORD, NJ 07070 U
Duration: 13 months+
- ERT Team is looking for an experienced Java technical engineer who will be responsible for leading a team of Java developers and automation engineers in the design, development, and implementation of Java & Python-based frameworks.
- The Technical Lead will also be responsible for providing technical guidance and support to the team, as well as mentoring and coaching team members on best practices.
- In addition, the Technical engineer will be responsible for ensuring that all deliverables meet or exceed expectations.
- The technical engineer will facilitate requirement analyses, conduct peer reviews provide feedback, and enhance the framework associated with the product.
- To be successful as a technical lead, you should demonstrate excellent coding skills, sound knowledge of industry best practices, good organizational and leadership skills, and proficiency in Java and Python technologies.
- Ultimately, a top-notch technical engineer should have good analytical skills, the ability to anticipate issues and frame remedial actions, and excellent teamwork skills.
- Design, develop, and implement Java applications based on Java, Spring boot, Mongo, React, and Angular.
- Developing high-quality and detailed designs.
- Conducting unit testing using automated unit test frameworks using Junit, EasyMock, MockIto
- Lead a team of Java developers in the design, development, and implementation of Java-based applications
- Coordinate with other departments and teams to ensure smooth delivery and manage dependencies.
- Using coding standards and best practices to ensure quality and remove vulnerabilities. (SonarQube, BlackDuck)
- Support all products within a functional area, from design to implementation and ongoing performance according to business need
- Identify, establish, and maintain strategic partnerships with executives from technology vendors within assigned areas and coordinate to influence vendor product roadmaps to be in line with Client strategic goals
- Ensure that Citi makes appropriate strategic choices in the onboarding, management, and exiting of vendors from the product portfolio
- Ensure there is an adequate capital budget to develop and implement the assigned strategic technology roadmap
- Provide technical leadership in the design of highly complex systems
- Develop and advocate for new solutions to undefined system needs, where no solution is available within the technical community
- Impact the engineering function by contributing to technical direction and strategic decisions
- Ensure products are ready and adhere to global operational standards for ongoing operation and support
- Mentor junior team members and allocate work
- Exhibit knowledge of how to own specialty area contributes to the business and apply knowledge of competitors, products, and services
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients, and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct, and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Experience leading a team of developers and working on complex projects is essential.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are necessary to be successful in this role.
- Technical expertise in CI/Cd pipelines (Tekton, Jenkins), Containerization (Docker), and related technologies is required.
- Good understanding of Spring Framework and experience in unit testing methodologies is required.
- Managing the complete Software Development lifecycle of Agile Projects using tools like JIRA
- Hands-on experience working in large-scale technology projects using Java/J2EE, middleware (Tibco/solace), and other enterprise Integration frameworks.
- Hands-on experience working with BigData frameworks such as Sparks and Flink
- Managing complete Software Development lifecycle of various types of Projects i.e., Agile, Waterfall using tools like PTS/Planview and JIRA
- Strong in managing across Agile teams
- Exposure to AWS or GCP Cloud platform, Openshift /Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of Prometheus, Opentelemetry for Observability.
- Experience working in Financial Services or a large complex and/or global environment
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Comprehensive knowledge of design metrics, analytics tools, benchmarking activities, and related reporting to identify best practices
- Demonstrated analytic/diagnostic skills
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and partner with virtual teams
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and take ownership of various parts of a project or initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and manage tight deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Proven track record of operational process change and improvement
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience operating in a similar role
At our organization, we take our mission and values to heart! We are on a mission to offer more and better jobs all over the world! Our goal is to care for you while you care for our clients and get you paid the highest pay possible. All our associates working with us are expected to embrace our RACE values: R - Results Matter, A- Approachable, C - Care, and E - Emergency i.e. work with a sense of urgency.
For more relevant job opportunities please visit our website: Denken Solutions Careers