Currently, we are looking for talented resources for one of our listed clients. If interested please reply to me with your updated resume or feel free to reach out to me for more details at (949) 966-2121.
Title: Project Engineer
Location: IA - Waverly - Factory
Duration: 12 months
- Oversee the capital investments relating to the company’s fixed assets with a cross-functional team of salaried and hourly stakeholders.
- This could involve the relocation and optimization of the existing fixed asset base and/or the purchase of new fixed assets.
- It may extend from the initial conceptual studies through to project closeout.
- Degree in Engineering Field (Mechanical/Process/Chemical/Electrical Engineering) plus a minimum of 1-3 years of significant experience and achievement in a technical field with a project engineering background. An equivalent combination of education and engineering hands-on work will be considered.
- Must be able to work onsite in Waverly, IA, and be available for occasional travel to other locations for factory acceptance testing (FAT) and/or equipment election (up to 5%).
- Project Management and Process Engineering experience within the food & dairy, cosmetic, pharmaceutical, or consumer products industry is a plus.
- Supervisory experience in managing internal and external project team members or equivalent.
- Strong experience in facilitating change in a manufacturing environment is critical.
- Strong technical, managerial, and leadership skills
- Project Engineering/Management
- Plant design and construction
- Equipment and construction purchasing contracts
- Permitting requirements
- In-depth knowledge of dry powder processing and packaging plants and technologies or similar industries
- Hygienic and sanitary design and engineering
- 3A standards
- Powder handling
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for food safety and equipment
- Communication, facilitation, and networking
- TPM: AM and/or EM Pillar experience
- Understanding of financial analysis and relevant business drivers
- CAPEX budgeting and preparation
- MS Office, MS Project, MS Excel, Basic AutoCad, Visio
- Capital Investment Approval and Tracking (NIMT) tool.
- Ensure zero tolerance for unsafe situations in all activities and behavior throughout the project
- Ensure ethical conduct on behalf of the community, consumer, company, and the engineering profession are adhered to and all dealings are handled in a fair and competitive manner.
- Support and encourage clear and open communication between the team members and related stakeholders
- Encourage all team members to direct their efforts towards a "low cost, highly efficient" operation that meets the business needs. To take the lead in driving Client Good Hygienic Engineering (NGHE), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and safety standards.
- Ensure that the team is following the requirements of the Client Quality System (NQS) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), OSHA, and other guidelines.
- Encourage continuous improvement, networking, and sharing information - a key pillar of the engineering culture.
- Ensure that the Client's technological and proprietary know-how are in place, are rigorously managed, and respected
At our organization, we take our mission and values to heart! We are on a mission to offer more and better jobs all over the world! Our goal is to care for you while you care for our clients and get you paid the highest pay possible. All our associates working with us are expected to embrace our RACE values: R - Results Matter, A- Approachable, C - Care, and E - Emergency i.e. work with a sense of urgency.
For more relevant job opportunities please visit our website: Denken Solutions Careers