Currently, we are looking for talented resources for one of our listed clients. If interested please reply to me with your updated resume or feel free to reach out to me for more details at (949) 535-1608.
Title: SAP BW Lead
Location: Houston, TX (Onsite)
Duration: Long Term
BW4 Development Activities:
- Expert knowledge and hands-on expertise in S/4 HANA & BW4HANA data modeling is highly desired.
- Proficiency in developing and troubleshooting HANA Modeling, Calculation Views and formula concepts.
- Expertise in the areas of Advanced DSO(ADSO) or Open DSO Views, Composite Providers, SAP queries, Real Time ODP data sources and Operational Delta Queues.
- Functional knowledge of classic SAP BW, HANA database concepts.
- Experience with Eclipse based modeling, BW Extended Node and AMDP based transformations.
- Understand how to connect to SAP BW4HANA, and S4HANA systems using different connection options and triggering the workflows.
- Experience in implementations of S/4HANA including the deployment of Embedded Analytics, BW4HANA or BW-on-HANA along with in depth understanding of CDS views, Smart Data Access and Reporting.
- Requirements Gathering : Functional and Non-functional Specifications
- Excellent knowledge of the Full life cycle of a project
- Participate in test Strategy definition and creation of test scenarios/cases for DEV(Unit Test) /SIT/UAT and execution of the same.
- Analyze, Design, develop, code, test, debug and document as per the requirements of project
- Knowledge of release management, version control practices, transports Preparation & Import to Quality System
- Knowledge in coordinating with SAP Basis and admin teams for security & authorizations.
- Knowledge in Go-live activities(Includes Transports Preparation, Access, Authorizations, Data volume, Approvals, Production Support issues related to enhancement & Post go-live support)
- Understanding the ETL process from multiple data sources internally and externally using ETL tools such as BODS or similar.
- Utilization of agile methods to deliver solutions.
BW Admin/ Production Support Activities:
- Troubleshoot systems production/performance issues under tight deadlines
- Job Monitoring (Process chain, Background & Broadcast Jobs) and rectifying Job failures.
- Knowledge in Incident Management, Solving Incidents related to Reports (Functionality & Authorizations).
- Month-End & Year End Activities, On Demand Loads
- Proactive System health management, Queue /TRFC/ IDOC Monitoring, Clean-up Activities,
- Knowledge in System upgrade support, System Stability Support, post BW system upgrade.
- Monitoring top space consuming tables, applying archiving techniques if required.
- Identify efficiencies and ways to improve design, development and testing processes through automation or other means
- Applying SAP best practices and maintain the smooth production system.
SAP Lead Activities:
- Lead design and blueprinting sessions and act as a solution architect for SAP Analytics using SAP BW/4 HANA and S/4 HANA .
- Understand business requirements, perform gap analysis in the reporting and forecasting environment and recommend/implement process and/or
- technology solutions to modernize and optimize current reporting environment.
- Create or lead creation of functional and technical specifications.
- Responsible for Operational health of SAP BW/HANA reporting service via collaboration with the offshore support team and management alike.
- Participate in / Conduct code reviews and make sure that quality solutions are built to prescribed design and best practices/standards have been followed
- Works with other team members, including DBA's, Technical Architects , Business Analysts & Project Managers
- Ability to Analyze the Requirements & high level design documents and come with various build options/solutions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Working with clients on Proposals / requirements based on their business needs.
- Interact with stakeholders for the various deployment projects, understand their expectations, plan timelines and allocate resources to development and delivery.
- Validate the deliverables made.
- Planning, task allocation and tracking to completion
- Identify risks, prioritize the risks and plan mitigations
- Review of Daily/weekly status, consolidate of status, escalation of issues and resolution planning.
For more relevant job opportunities please visit our website: Denken Solutions Careers