Currently, we are looking for talented resources for one of our listed clients. If interested please reply to me with your updated resume or feel free to reach out to me for more details at (949) 208-7626.
Job Title: Supervisor Utilities - Direct Hire
Location: 8300 96th Ave, Zeeland, MI
Duration: Full Time
- As the Plant Utilities Supervisor, you hold the pivotal responsibility for ensuring the seamless operation, maintenance, and oversight of all plant utilities, in addition to the management of department personnel.
- Your expertise will encompass an array of crucial utility systems, including Anhydrous Ammonia Refrigeration, Plant Water, Steam Generation, Pneumatic, Fire Protection, and HVAC Systems.
- You will serve as the frontline supervisor for our dedicated night shift technicians in these vital areas, setting work schedules and priorities to ensure the facility's needs are met.
- Furthermore, your role is integral in maintaining compliance with OSHA and EPA regulations through our Process Safety Management program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead by example and ensure Team Members adhere to all Safety and Food Safety policies, addressing deficiencies as necessary.
- Possess in-depth mechanical and operational knowledge of plant utility systems, enabling you to effectively train employees and provide troubleshooting assistance to technicians.
- Establish and maintain an efficient onboarding training program.
- Train and develop utility technicians, fostering their growth and knowledge, and providing support through the Dupont training system.
- Demonstrate the ability to thoroughly utilize the current CMMS/SAP system for data entry, and work management, and train other team members in its proper use.
- Provide support for technicians through preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Oversee daily stretches, safety talks, huddle meeting presentations, supervisor rounds, and provide team member support, along with daily downtime recaps to management.
- Lead or assist in completing plant audits, and PM reviews, and ensure follow-up to completion.
- Collaborate inter-departmentally to meet customer needs, fostering and maintaining Win/Win partnerships.
- Initiate orders for parts/materials as needed and provide follow-up.
- Ensure adequate PM procedures/schedules to support proper equipment operation, repair, and upkeep.
- Supervise and manage employees to guarantee acceptable productivity and job performance.
- Adhere to all applicable PSM/Safety/Environmental policies and procedures while maintaining a proper safety attitude/awareness.
- Directly participate in and possess a comprehensive understanding of the Process Safety Management program (PSM).
- Project a positive attitude and maintain a professional demeanor as a member of the management staff.
- Promote open communication and positive working relationships with all departments throughout the facility.
- Drive continuous improvement and personnel development in both operations and personnel.
- Recommend, develop, and implement process improvement projects.
- Act as a key member of the overall facility Engineering & Maintenance organization.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend alternative maintenance support resources and services, ensuring maximum effectiveness for machinery maintenance within projected costs and schedules.
- Play a pivotal role in implementing organizational change, both technologically and procedurally, in support of the company's goals and objectives, all while maintaining the highest ethical standards.
Required Skills & Qualification:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Technical training in the Industrial Refrigeration field.
- 5 years of prior experience in a mechanical/refrigeration-related field, including an in-depth knowledge of ammonia refrigeration processes, equipment, and technologies.
- Thorough understanding of refrigeration theory and operations.
- Preferably have experience within the food processing and packaging industry.
- Possess working knowledge or the ability to achieve such Utility systems such as Water, Steam, Pneumatics, Fire Protection, and HVAC.
- Experience with CCMS systems. Microsoft Office Systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to work independently and be results-oriented.
At our organization, we take our mission and values to heart! We are on a mission to offer more and better jobs all over the world! Our goal is to care for you while you care for our clients and get you paid the highest pay possible. All our associates working with us are expected to embrace our RACE values: R - Results Matter, A- Approachable, C - Care, and E - Emergency i.e. work with a sense of urgency.
For more relevant job opportunities please visit our website: Denken Solutions Careers