Currently, we are looking for talented resources for one of our listed clients. If interested please reply to me with your updated resume or feel free to reach out to me for more details at (949) 844-5408.
Title: CAD Designer
Location: Eden, NC
Duration: 18 Months
- The CAD Specialist is a key member of the project team and reports directly to the Client Project Engineer Manager or Field Representative. The primary function of the CAD Specialist is to provide professional CAD technical support and knowledge to generate plans, elevations, technical details, building layouts, general arrangement options/alternatives, clashing detection, equipment sizing, rational use of the space, Revit models for the project conceptual and detail design phases working along with General Designers, Contractor’s representatives, and Client Organization. Likewise, monitoring and controlling drawings versions and updates using the different tools required by Client. (Revit, AUTOCAD, BIM, Bluebeam, Vault)
- Should support the design/engineering effort by utilizing Stakeholder, Client, and Project Team input.
- Should provide support throughout the project lifecycle.
- Track, update and communicate changes to the design and engineering efforts.
- Works with the project team to develop scope.
- Reviews shop drawings to verify their completeness and accuracies.
- Recommends Best Practices regarding design and engineering elements.
- Should provide input on Means/Methods of construction.
- Works with Project Team to perform/assess QA/QC requirements.
- Support project documentation preparation to include concept and associated documentations, flow sheets, Block Flow Diagrams (BFD’s), Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&ID’s), Master Plan layouts.
- Acquire insight of specific manufacturing processes and continuously strive for the improvement of quality, safety or efficiency while protecting the technological knowhow and competitive advantage.
- Ensure drawings are always considering safety for people, products and environment and that one exhibits an attitude of absolute intolerance for unsafe situations.
- Follow the Change Management procedures to appropriately manage modifications in the design when required.
- Meeting and working with engineers, draftsmen, and designers to review blueprints and design drawings.
- Inputting design specifications into the CAD software.
- Ensuring attributes are complete and correct in BIM.
- Creating surface and solid CAD models according to Client specifications.
- Working with a design team and individually on CAD projects.
- Reviewing CAD models with Client, General Designers and GC’s and making minor adjustments to generate possible options/alternatives.
- Conducing model rendering reviews and improvements to the final product along with the design team.
- Following complex instructions and diagrams to create or modify drawings
- Taking verbal direction and implementing into sketches and calculations to produce the final work
- Producing plans, elevations, technical details and building layouts
- Coordinating filing, storage and retrieval of drawings
- On-site visits for referential measures, option evaluations and measures confirmation.
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Correct Use of Digital Systems provided to develop the assigned role (AUTOCAD, MS LIST, TEAMS, BIM, BLUEBEAM, MS PROJECT, SHAREPOINT, OUTLOOK, among others)
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance
- Work with cross functional Teams
- Work overtime as required
Basic Qualifications/Certification (Minimum):
- CAD Certification.
- Preferable Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Design.
- OSHA 30 desirable
- Minimum of five (5) years of related project experience, preferably in the food manufacturing or consumer goods industry.
- Knowledge in AUTOCAD/ REVIT software for BIM (Building Information Modeling), for all phases of the project cycle and disciplines involved.
- Knowledge in using different software packages to convey instructions about materials, technical specifications, assembly procedures, measurements, and site requirements.
- Knowledge and application experience of safety Standards.
- Ability to read and translate blueprints and technical drawings.
- Basic understanding of building design and mechanical processes.
- Participation in the development of engineering projects as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Process piping and design as well as equipment layout and design experience.
- Experience with drafting P&ID’s in industrial food processing.
- Experience with providing oversight of a consultant to make sure they are meeting drawing standards.
- Experience with managing upwards of 6,000-7,000 drawings that will be produced (primary owner and manager - demonstrated drawing management capabilities).
- E&C design experience.
- This role will need to be able to be a self-starter since the site team is very limited at this point.
- Must be highly articulate, have a clear and analytical approach to problem solving
- Be able to work independently and possess good interpersonal skills.
- Self-Management following defined KPIs/Objectives, and proactively tracking them Strong organizational and communication skills
- Working knowledge of industry standard software (i.e. Revit, Navis Works, Bluebeam, AutoCAD, BIM, Vault, etc.)
- Results Focus
- Practice What you Preach
- Proactive Cooperation
- Know your self
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually on projects.
- Be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- Design skills and knowledge
- Math’s skills.
- Knowledge of engineering science and technology
- Thinking and reasoning skills
- Able to use a computer and the main software packages confidently
- They should be a resource to review unsatisfactory work, supplier performance, etc. and should work with the construction team to resolve these issues.
- Handles confidential specifications, drawings, and product/marketing information.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with NPE, vendors, contractors, Field Staff, Project Staff, and the other technical areas of the organization.
- Report to the Owner Project Engineering Manager.
- Report issues to Client Project Managers, Plant Project Stakeholders, and/or Contractor Managers.
- Support the work of the Project Team on a specific project/at a specific location.
- Participate in meetings with different areas in Client, for instance: Product Technology Center / Technical Competency Unit / Technical Application Group / Client Standard and Development Teams / Client SMEs from different areas of specialties / Quality Team / Operational Teams / Safety and Environmental Team / among others.
For more relevant job opportunities please visit our website: Denken Solutions Careers