Currently, we are looking for talented resources for one of our listed clients. If interested please reply to me with your updated resume or feel free to reach out to me for more details at (949) 385-3938.
Title: Operational Site Lead - Exit Planning
Location: 700 8th Avenue, FLOAT POOL-HERC HOTEL, New York, NY - 10036
Duration: 2+ Months
Pay Rate: $48 - 50/hr on W2
- Assigned to projects under the management of the Client +H Office of Ambulatory Care and Population Health, and under the direction of the relevant program leads for each discrete initiative, Operational Leads will be responsible for the day-to-day management of complex direct service programs, for example, Humanitarian Emergency Response and Relief Center (HERRC) facilities, which offer direct service provision, resource navigation, and temporary shelter to single adults, adult families, and families with children. Multiple roles exist within this title, and individual staff will be assigned to the best-fitting role based on experience.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Supporting and leading day-to-day operational efforts to maintain a positive experience for individuals utilizing services
- Providing hands-on logistical support for the launch of new initiatives and/or expansion of existing initiatives including Humanitarian Emergency Respite Centers.
- Coordinating with various Client Health + Hospitals departments (such as Facilities, IT, Supply Chain, and Safety), City agencies, and contracted vendors to ensure adherence to established processes, resolve problems, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Providing timely, routine reporting on a variety of items, including an inventory of critical personal protective equipment and other supplies, non-clinical staffing, and other quantitative or qualitative data, as directed.
- Independently managing all aspects of the project lifecycle for assigned workstreams including planning, scope definition, design, execution, and delivery.
- Supporting leadership by ensuring they have all necessary operational and administrative tools and by proactively escalating high-priority issues and risks for their review as appropriate.
- As required, manage a team
- As required, overseeing the successful launch of sites or programs
- Providing status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks, and issues, communicating across leadership.
- Provide supervision and support for 24/7 operations as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Fluency in languages other than English, particularly Spanish
- Experience with, or knowledge of, trauma-informed service delivery is strongly preferred
- Ability to complete work independently with broadly defined work objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with a variety of individuals, groups, and organizations.
- Previous experience in Client government and/or public health entities/hospitals/community-based organizations preferred.
- Experience managing a complex operation, particularly a 24/7 operation, is strongly preferred
- Experience with community engagement and/or familiarity with local community service providers/non-profits is strongly preferred
- Client area residency preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 or more years of operations experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Social Services, Administrative Manager.
At our organization, we take our mission and values to heart! We are on a mission to offer more and better jobs all over the world! Our goal is to care for you while you care for our clients and get you paid the highest pay possible. All our associates working with us are expected to embrace our RACE values: R - Results Matter, A- Approachable, C - Care, and E - Emergency i.e. work with a sense of urgency.
For more relevant job opportunities please visit our website: Denken Solutions Careers