Currently, we are looking for talented resources for one of our listed clients. If interested please reply to me with your updated resume or feel free to reach out to me for more details at (949) 503-8928.
Title: Piping Designer
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Duration: 18 Months
- We are looking for a Senior Piping Designer to work on food grade projects, including sanitary and non-sanitary design. Candidate will be responsible for applying process/piping drafting & design principles and procedures to perform work. The position is responsible for developing the drawings and 3D models with information provided by engineers and other designers on the team. This position will coordinate with an interdisciplinary team to review and exchange project information as needed to develop a complete construction package. The individual should have experience in piping design, modular/equipment skid design and have experience with 2D and 3D CAD applications. The candidate will be expected to work on projects in different stages and help create project standards.
- Plan and prepare process design drawings for use by capital projects. Designs include but are not limited to process flow diagrams, piping instrumentation diagrams, layout drawings, equipment stack-ups, section cuts and elevations. Maintain and use 3D models to design & coordinate between disciplines.
- Work collaboratively with both internal and external engineering and non-engineering professionals to develop a complete construction package with the necessary hygienic design requirements for a food processing facility.
- Conduct equipment approval drawing reviews and provide markups to equipment vendor.
- Perform site visits as needed to evaluate modifications to existing infrastructure or FAT vendor equipment.
- Works with the internal engineering and design team to develop and maintain standardization for the software tools used.
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Work within cross functional continuous improvement teams within the engineering department
- Assist in the development/modification of department standards and technical specifications.
- Bachelor’s degree program from an accredited institution in Engineering related field preferred; Associate's degree in drafting or related field
- Senior Level – 5+ years’ experience in piping design, preferably in process-related design
- Basic knowledge in using design software and programs (e.g. REVIT®, AutoCAD, AutoCAD Plant3D, AutoCAD MEP, Vault, BIM 360 – DOCS, Glue, Navisworks®) preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal, listening)
- Experience building relationships and working with diverse stakeholders effectively
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple activities
- Able to collaborate across large organization
- Ability to be flexible and transition quickly between various assignments
- Ability to travel - if required - up to 10% for FAT/factory visits
At our organization, we take our mission and values to heart! We are on a mission to offer more and better jobs all over the world! Our goal is to care for you while you care for our clients and get you paid the highest pay possible. All our associates working with us are expected to embrace our RACE values: R - Results Matter, A- Approachable, C - Care, and E - Emergency i.e. work with a sense of urgency.
For more relevant job opportunities please visit our website: Denken Solutions Careers