Currently, we are looking for talented resources for one of our listed clients. If interested please reply to me with your updated resume or feel free to reach out to me for more details at (949) 404-4067
Title: Quality Engineer
Location: 4100 E 3rd Ave, Foster City, California, United States of America, 94404
Duration: 6 months
Pay Rate: $62-$67/Hr on W2
- The Supplier Quality Engineer will play a key role in ensuring world-class performance of the Zoox prototype and production supply base, and drive continuous improvement.
- The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, driven, energetic, detailed, and team-oriented.
- Candidates with experience in Automotive manufacturing processes such as metal stampings, machining, welding, assembly, coating, plastic injection molding, and composites will be highly preferred.
- Works with Vehicle Systems Engineering to assess the manufacturability of new product designs.
- Works with Engineering and Strategic Sourcing managers to select appropriate suppliers with the right manufacturing know-how by conducting detailed Supplier process assessments/audits and further provides feedback to management on the final selection.
- Works with suppliers on all technical design elements of the drawing. Conducts CAD model and print reviews with suppliers to access design for manufacturability, and further collaborates in investigating/developing new manufacturing techniques (if necessary) to meet the design requirements.
- Leads the Supplier Industrialization Roadmap (SIR) thereby conducting product and process development activities, and capability assessment at the supplier manufacturing site.
- Identifies supplier Capex production equipment, tooling, and fixturing requirements in line with the project implementation timelines and further drives all qualification activities to verify and validate tooling and fixturing.
- Works with strategic sourcing managers to assess supplier readiness for different Zoox vehicle build events, identifies and highlights risks related to production ramp and further collaborates and reports back on risk mitigation plans to the management.
- Responsible for managing and continuously improving the APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) process with suppliers from the initial design stage through PPAP submission and SOP (start of production).
- Responsible for training and setting up the supplier in the Zoox Supplier Quality Portal, further reviews prototype and production parts quality document submissions from suppliers, and provides feedback as and when required.
- Leads RCCA analysis with suppliers, issues corrective action, provides support with immediate containment, short-term and long-term permanent corrective actions, and further ensures that supplier process documentation is updated with the changes to the mfg process.
- Provide support to Manufacturing, Quality, and Vehicle Engineering regarding analysis and disposition of suspect supplier material. As and when required, participates in MRB ( material review board) disposition meetings.
- Responsible for analyzing and reporting the incoming supplier part quality metrics for the assigned supply base, which includes First Article Inspection reports, Cp/Cpk analysis, Pareto, Statistical Process Control, and Process Capability Studies.
- Drive continuous improvement throughout the supply base using quality and lean manufacturing tools.
- Improve Zoox supplier quality processes such as assessments, supplier management, and part approval processes.
- Up to 20% domestic travel is required, occasionally on short notice.
- Candidates with experience in Automotive manufacturing processes such as metal stampings, machining, welding, assembly, coating, plastic injection molding, composites, etc.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent engineering degree.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Quality, Supplier Quality, or Manufacturing, in the automotive, aviation, or medical device industries or a combination of both Supplier Quality and Internal Plant quality development.
- Experience in New Product Introduction (NPI) - Experience creating and improving quality systems
- Experience using problem-solving techniques such as Six Sigma, 8-Discipline, Pareto Charts, Regression Analysis, ANOVA, DOE, Fish Bone Analysis, and Red-X.
- Experience with core process control tools such as Process Flow Diagrams, Process FMEAs, Process Control Plans, SPC, MSA, and Process Capability.
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, Tooling and Fixture Verification and validation, and final buyoff at the supplier.
- Working knowledge of Quality and Automotive systems such as ISO 9000 and IATF 16949.
- Certifications such as CQE from ASQ, Six Sigma Green Belt, and Certified Quality Systems Auditor are highly preferred.
- Solid knowledge of conducting Supplier assessments, APQP and PPAP, product launch, and vendor ramp experience.
- Fully literate in Microsoft computer applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience working with Google Workspace preferred.
At our organization, we take our mission and values to heart! We are on a mission to offer more and better jobs all over the world! Our goal is to care for you while you care for our clients and get you paid the highest pay possible. All our associates working with us are expected to embrace our RACE values: R - Results Matter, A- Approachable, C - Care, and E - Emergency i.e. work with a sense of urgency.
For more relevant job opportunities please visit our website: Denken Solutions Careers