Currently, we are looking for talented resources for one of our listed clients. If interested please reply to me with your updated resume or feel free to reach out to me for more details at (949) 844-5408.
Title: Azure Data Engineer
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Duration: 12 Months
- The primary responsibilities of this role will be to work as a part of the data and analytics team at the Client. The ideal candidate would have experience using ETL and other data engineering tools in a cloud environment. Additionally, this candidate would have coding and scripting experience creating code to move and manipulate data using tools such in Python such as Spark or Pandas. Microsoft Azure experience is a plus but relevant experience with other cloud-based environments will be considered.
- This team uses Microsoft Azure to build and productionize data sets and processes to the product owners and product users and this role will be expected to contribute to those objectives. As a member of this team, you will work in conjunction with other data engineers, platform engineers, solution developers and others to execute and deliver working solutions to the end users.
- Design, construct, deploy, test and support solutions and applications to transform data for end-user consumption using Python, Azure Data factory, Databricks and other approved languages and platforms.
- Embrace Agile principles for development and analytics
- Actively collaborate in an open and respectful team environment
- Contribute to team objectives through iterative and agile development practices.
- Provide data analysis of internal and external data sources for transformation and delivery to end user solutions.
- Develop, deploy, and support data integration using APIs, cloud storage, SFTP and other data transfer technologies
- Enable Power BI users and solutions by delivering data via dataflows, datasets, and other methods.
- Communicating in a timely manner all issues, risks, concerns, and status to management
- Ensure developed applications are compliant and adhere to all applicable Client compliance standards.
- Seek to Automate and improve efficiency as a way of working
- High focus on Python
- More Programmer/Coder experience, less Cloud experience needed.
- Must have experience with data analytics/engineering and cloud technologies and an in-depth working knowledge and understanding of data engineering, design, and integration.
- Intermediate or higher level of proficiency with Python
- Must have the proven ability to learn quickly and apply cloud data engineering principles and skills to new tools and use cases
- Ability to define and take technical ownership of detailed requirements and collaborate effectively with various team members such as Business Analysts and Project Managers and end users.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and problem-solving skills are essential for this position.
- Initiative, Proactive Cooperation, and curiosity are mandatory behavioral skills required for this position.
Experience with several of the following technologies is preferred:
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Platform. In particular, the data processing toolsets including Azure Data Factory Pipelines, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Lake Storage.
- Experience using Notebooks (Such as Jupyter, DataBricks) also desired.
- Experience using code languages such as Python and C#
- Experience using query languages such as SQL, MDX and DAX
- Experience using scripting languages such as PowerShell, M-Query (Power Query), and Windows batch commands.
- Understanding of Agile and DevOps principles for software development and ownership.
- Familiar with compliance and controls for software development and deployment.
- A bachelor's in computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, data management, information systems, information science or a related quantitative field [or equivalent work experience] is not required but is preferred.
For more relevant job opportunities please visit our website: Denken Solutions Careers