Currently, we are looking for talented resources for one of our listed clients. If interested please reply to me with your updated resume or feel free to reach out to me for more details at (949) 392-5222.
Title: IBM Sterling OMS Developer
Location: Cleveland, OH (Hybrid position)
Duration: Contract To Hire
- The OMS Senior Developer role provides technical consulting to management, business users, and technical associates and works closely with other developers. The OMS Senior Developer is expected to be a consistently reliable technical professional that can handle most job responsibilities autonomously while executing at a high level. The primary purpose of the position is to act as a technical resource in designing, developing, and providing support for the Client E-Commerce applications and order management systems. This role will be an integral part in a development team responsible for the technical aspects of E-Commerce related strategic initiatives.
Strategy & Planning:
- Provide technical input to complete commerce related Features.
- Work within a delivery team to breakdown new features into Stories and establish technical design from Business Requirements.
- Understand the IBM Sterling OMS application sufficiently to be able to determine when new work can be implemented through out-of-the-box configuration versus custom code creation.
- Work as a member of a delivery team to define acceptance criteria for Stories and determine estimates to complete work.
- Contribute to the team Backlog with ideas for future improvement.
Acquisition & Deployment:
- Perform complex programming assignments requiring a high aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
- Assist team in designing, developing, and configuring application and database components for new features.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure shared use of standard tools and processes.
- Continuously deliver code and configuration solutions that are Unit Tested and meet Acceptance Criteria.
- Strive to ensure no code or configuration change introduces a new vulnerability into the IBM OMS environment. Resolve incidents when vulnerabilities are discovered.
- Contribute to the team’s body of knowledge through solution design, technical mapping, inline code comments, and revision to previous documentation when a new solution is implemented.
- Assist in the discovery, investigation, solution, and resolution documentation of critical production problems as required.
- Maintain and modify OMS solution; make approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding and configuration changes.
- Help foster development of team’s cross-functional and collaborative capabilities
- Help mentor and coach junior developers and/or Professional Apprentices.
- Work with team to deliver business value through regular sprint cycles.
- Participate in regular delivery team collaboration and Agile ceremonies.
- Document and share knowledge with development teams.
- Research new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
- Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with clients and approval of supervisor.
- Provide off-hours support as required.
- Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in Information Technology or related role.
- 5+ years of experience working with customers to build and formulate business requirements.
- 5+ years of Java/J2EE development experience.
- 3+ years of experience with object-oriented analysis and design.
- 2+ years of application development subject matter expertise within the IBM/Sterling Order Management (OMS) Version 9 or 10 Platform Experience with SOAP or RESTful web services. Experience processing XML. Experience with service oriented architecture (SOA) design and principals. Experience with version control systems such as git, mercurial, or subversion.
For more relevant job opportunities please visit our website: Denken Solutions Careers