Currently, we are looking for talented resources for one of our listed clients. If interested please reply to me with your updated resume or feel free to reach out to me for more details at (949) 966-2121
Title: Data Center Engineer
Location: 1149 Chess Drive, Foster City, California, United States of America, 94404
Duration: 6 months
Pay Rate: $85-$90/Hr on W2
- This position is on the Systems Operations team responsible for Client application, computing, and storage infrastructure.
- This individual will work with other infrastructure engineers to maintain Client's internal infrastructure.
- The position is based primarily at data centers in Sunnyvale, SLAC, and Foster City (Chess).
- The office location will be Bayside in Foster City.
- 4-5 days a week at the data center itself is typical.
- Maintain and repair CPU and GPU-based compute clusters and storage
- Run cabling and fiber within the data centers
- Independently troubleshoot and repair complex hardware issues
- Deploy, and integrate rack new equipment.
- Contribute to documentation
- Handle Vendor RMAs
- Working with our vendors for installation and maintenance activities
- Participate in procurement and logistic activities
- Meaningful experience in installing and maintaining enterprise computing hardware
- Skilled with running fiber and cabling in a data center environment
- Skilled with troubleshooting and repair of Intel-based server hardware.
- Competency to work independently with minimal supervision to maintain and repair servers in enterprise data center environments.
- Familiarity with ticket management processes.
- Familiarity with DCIM tools such as Device42.
- Can lift 50 lbs to waist height, and 25 lbs to shoulder height.
- Ability to follow and contribute to production checklists.
- Understanding and respect for the importance of “production” environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability and willingness to use personal vehicles to travel to data centers in Sunnyvale, CA, and Menlo Park, CA.
- Understanding of power and cooling system requirements in data center environments.
- Exposure to SuperMicro servers
- Exposure to Arista and/or Mellanox network equipment
- Exposure to GPU computing platforms
- Basic understanding of RAID, IPv4, and IPMI/OOB
- Basic Linux system administration skills.
At our organization, we take our mission and values to heart! We are on a mission to offer more and better jobs all over the world! Our goal is to care for you while you care for our clients and get you paid the highest pay possible. All our associates working with us are expected to embrace our RACE values: R - Results Matter, A- Approachable, C - Care, and E - Emergency i.e. work with a sense of urgency.
For more relevant job opportunities please visit our website: Denken Solutions Careers