Currently, we are looking for talented resources for one of our listed clients. If interested please reply to me with your updated resume or feel free to reach out to me for more details at (949) 744-7838.
Title: Packaging Engineer
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Duration: 18 Months
- As a Packaging Engineer, you will plan, conduct and coordinate packaging process engineering functions covering all aspects of material handling and unit process operations as applied in the production of wet and dry pet foods, pet treats and cat litter. You are an expert in all aspects of food processing technology in terms of production systems, quality/sanitation, equipment design and application.
- Provide packaging engineering process design and review for capital projects including detailed phases of the engineering work, related documentation and field support
- Coordinate work by outside consultants and suppliers and apply broad knowledge of standards, principles and practices in packaging specialties
- Support divisional continuous improvement efforts and technical assistance to operating facilities, including investigation and analysis of problem areas and opportunities for packaging and process enhancements
- Apply expert understanding of line balancing, equipment specification, vendor coordination, factory acceptance testing and site acceptance testing
- Assist in the development and modification of department technical guidelines, standards and specifications
- Collaborates internally and externally (TAG, PTC, Factories, Vendors, etc.) in a team environment to develop, industrialize, and launch new packaging, quality improvements, compliance, and productivity cost savings. Emphasis on growing Client network by seeking and maintaining relationships globally.
- Maintains/Develops packaging specifications & packaging safety documentation. Ensures that the packaging solutions comply with global specification guidelines, operates efficiently in production and provides adequate protection through the distribution system in a cost effective manner.
- Travel – 25 – 30%. Might require trips of up to a week. Some trips will be driving and others will be flying.
- BS in Packaging Engineering, Science, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or similar degree. Will consider candidates with a combination of 6+ years of education and experience.
- 2-5 years experience preferred in packaging or related field of work in fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) factory environment.
For more relevant job opportunities please visit our website: Denken Solutions Careers