Currently, we are looking for talented resources for one of our listed clients. If interested please reply to me with your updated resume or feel free to reach out to me for more details at (949) 482-4218.
Title: Steel Tooling Engineer
Location: Foster City, CA or Fremont, CA
Duration: 6 Months
Pay Range: $87 - $94/Hr on W2
The Client is seeking an experienced Tooling Engineer to join the tooling team. Tooling Engineer would preferably come from a Tier 1 team who has experience in design buy off, tool tracking and tool buy off. Someone from either a tool maker or tool design background with at least 10 years’ experience of practical build and buy off. Steel tooling experience in automotive would be preferred but other disciplines are encouraged to apply. Tooling Engineer/Journeyman experience would be preferred but is not essential.
- Reporting to Staff Tooling Manager.
- To ensure all manufacturing of tooling and fixtures is correct and the processes and quality of the tooling is to industry standard.
- Perform tooling and fixture buy off in the supplier with the SQ engineer.
- Produce reports for department heads and Tooling manager on all projects and tooling in manufacture.
- Perform DFM on parts with the vehicle engineers to ensure that all parts are manufacturable and have undergone an industrialization process.
- Help and instigate any tooling or fixture standard updates.
- Keep all tooling records up to date with the relevant information and logged into the database with Client property labels and pictures.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience involving specification, and qualification of tooling.
- Degree or technical qualification.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to influence cross-functional stakeholders, including C-level, engineering, legal, finance, manufacturing, and logistics.
- Experience collaborating with supply management, product design, industrial design, and manufacturing groups.
- Manage tool design, fabrication, process development, and qualification onsite at various Tier 1 suppliers.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Work, Excel, Outlook, Project)
- Ability to perform financial analysis and cost justifications.
- Proficient in the use of CAD Catia V5/6
- Proficient with and knowledge of, SPC, DFM and DFMEA.
- Experience with stampings and other metal forming such as tube manipulation and forming.
- Experience in managing complex development programs with overseas tooling vendors.
- Ability to work autonomously, with little direction 6+ years.
At our organization, we take our mission and values to heart! We are on a mission to offer more and better jobs all over the world! Our goal is to care for you while you care for our clients and get you paid the highest pay possible. All our associates working with us are expected to embrace our RACE values: R - Results Matter, A- Approachable, C - Care, and E - Emergency i.e. work with a sense of urgency.
For more relevant job opportunities please visit our website: Denken Solutions Careers